I am a funding and business development consultant specialising in the development of non-profit grant proposals and commercial tender applications.
Grant writing (non-profit sector)
I develop and draft grant proposals (grant applications) for the funding of non-profit activities in the areas of journalism, media, ICT, and civil society, often intersecting with scientific research and innovation, development cooperation, press freedom, or social issues.
Clients: Foundations, non-governmental and civil society organisations (NGOs/CSOs), small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), start-ups.
Bid writing (commercial sector)
I develop and draft commercial bids (tender applications) for procurements in the areas of media, public affairs, communications, journalism, and ICT, primarily responding to calls for tender issued by the institutions and agencies of the European Union or national-level governments.
Clients: Communications agencies, public affairs consultancies, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), start-ups.
I cover the entire life cycle of the process:
- Researching, identifying, and assessing appropriate funding opportunities (grants, donations, contracts, dedicated thematic funding programs) for specific clients;
- Advising clients on funding opportunities, managing expectations, and fine-tuning their approach to the requirements and policies of potential donors;
- Contributing to in-house proposal and bid drafting processes in editorial, advisory, or writing capacities, depending on needs;
- Designing appropriate, realistic, detailed, impact-oriented and quality-conscious project plans ahead of, or during, a proposal process;
- Establishing and fine-tuning indicators for impact measurement, customized to individual actions (specializing in, but not limited to, media-related activities);
- Independently developing complete bids or grant proposals (narrative, budget, logical framework, theory of change) on behalf of clients from scratch, or based on existing conceptual thoughts in various degrees of elaboration.
Research and analysis
I prepare research papers and analytical recommendations on topics around journalism, media, digital economy, strategy, and media policy.
I manage and coordinate specific projects in the areas of scientific research & development, communications & public affairs, and editorial work.